3/18/2023- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) will be open from 12pm to 3pm today for drop-in sessions. Please bring your student ID to swipe into the building.
Ready to schedule an appointment with Medical Services?
- You can schedule an appointment online through the HealthyHoos patient portal. Login using your Netbadge ID and then click the "Appointments" tab on the portal's navigation bar to get started.
- If you don't see any available appointments within the next few business days, please give us a call at (434) 924-5362. We hold same-day and next-day appointments for immediate need that can only be scheduled over the phone.
- You can always call us during business hours at (434) 924-5362 to discuss the medical care you are looking for and schedule the appropriate type of care appointment.
Plan to arrive in the Medical Services lobby area at least 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Please always bring your student identification card, insurance card, and prescription card (if separate) to your appointment! Please review our Appointments page for information about how to get to the Student Health and Wellness building and where to park if you are driving.
- Common Types of Visits
- Abdominal pain and digestive problems
- Annual flu shots
- Acute illness or infection
- Allergies and asthma
- Birth Control (Including IUDs, Implant, and Emergency Contraception)
- Breast problems
- Chronic health problems
- Care related to COVID-19
- Dermatologic problems, including genital concerns, hair loss, and acne
- Eating disorders
- Evaluation of male sexual problems, such as impotence
- Gender-affirming care
- Health screenings
- Heavy/irregular periods
- HPV testing
- Injury and musculoskeletal pain
- Men's Health
- Pap smears
- Physicals (routine and pre-participation for athletics)
- Pre-travel counseling
- Pregnancy counseling
- Required and recommended vaccinations
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections (STIs/STDs)
- Testicular problem
- Tobacco cessation
- Urinary tract infection
- Vaginal itching/bumps/pain
- Women's Health
- Common Care Procedures
- Cryotherapy for warts
- Ingrown toenail or partial removal
- Incision and drainage of abscess
- IUD and Nexplanon: insertion and removal
- Management of abnormal pap/HPV tests (colposcopy)
- Simple laceration repair
- Vulvar biopsies
- Specialty Care
SHW is able to provide several types of specialty care, or will work with you to coordinate a referral when necessary. Our team knowledgeably utilizes resources available at UVA Health or within the Charlottesville community.