Emergency Messaging


3/18/2023- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) will be open from 12pm to 3pm today for drop-in sessions. Please bring your student ID to swipe into the building.


blue static


The Department of Student Health and Wellness provides students with essential information that will help guide healthy decisions and ensure a strong and safe academic year.

Is UVA requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for the 2022-2023 school year?

For up to date information on COVID-19 vaccinations, please visit https://coronavirus.virginia.edu/vaccinations.

I am traveling abroad for personal reasons and I need a letter of recovery from COVID-19. Where can I obtain this?

Student Health and Wellness (SHW) will provide letters of recovery for students who tested positive at least 10 days prior to travel, have completely recovered, and have a copy of their lab result.  SHW cannot provide letters of recovery to students who are physically located outside the state of Virginia.  If you meet the above criteria, please schedule a "COVID Questions" appointment through the HealthyHoos patient portal.

I lost my CDC vaccine card. How can I replace it?

If you were vaccinated in Virginia, you can use VDH's Immunization Record database to print out a digital vaccine card with a scannable QR code.

If you were not vaccinated in Virginia, review the CDC's COVID-19 Vaccination Records webpage for more information.

Where can I get my COVID-19 Bivalent Booster?

You can find locations and schedule appointments for your Bivalent Booster here.