We encourage all UVA students to take an active role in their health care and utilize our wide range of clinical care and preventive services. We are committed to the health issues that are important to you, and strive to provide high-quality, accessible, inclusive care in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- All UVA students who pay comprehensive fees with their tuition are eligible for no-cost visits with our providers.
- Call us at (434) 924-5362 to make an appointment, or schedule online using the HealthyHoos patient portal.
- If you do not see any available appointments on HealthyHoos within the same day or next business day, please call us. We hold several same-day appointments every day for immediate need that can only be scheduled over the phone.
- We can help with: I think I have mono. I'd like to get tested for STDs. I may be drinking too much. This rash won't go away. COVID-19. I'm due for my pap smear. I need birth control and may want an IUD. Hurt my hand, thinking I may need stitches. (And much more!)
- Please always bring your student identification card, insurance card, and prescription card (if separate) when visiting us.
- Our board-certified teams of doctors, nurse practitioners, and nurses specialize in college health and provide students with a wide variety of outpatient medical services. We take a multi-disciplinary approach to care, which is founded on the principle that professionals working in multiple disciplines can support and empower an individual’s physical and mental well-being more effectively and holistically than one professional alone.
- Have a follow-up question for us after a visit? Send your provider a message using the HealthyHoos patient portal secure messaging system for non-urgent matters.
- Multidisciplinary Treatment Teams
We have four multidisciplinary treatment teams at Student Health and Wellness, all of which include health professionals from each of our four units — CAPs, Medical Services, Office of Health Promotion, and the Student Disability Access Center.
- Billing Information
All students who pay the comprehensive health fee with their tuition are eligible for no-cost visits with our providers. There are charges for things like medications, immunizations, and certain lab tests. To learn more, visit our Student Charges page. For questions about insurance, including the Aetna Student Health Plan, visit our Insurance page.
- Questions or Concerns?
Review our Frequently Asked Questions for some common questions asked by fellow students. We strive to provide excellent patient services. If you have a question or concern regarding your care, please contact us.*
- Jessica Simmons, MD, Director of Medical Services: email@example.com
- Meredith Hayden, MD, Associate Executive Director of SHW: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Individual clinicians are available by secure message (HealthyHoos patient portal) or by phone (434) 924-5362.