The Student Health and Wellness Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Consultation Team provides holistic care and support for UVA students navigating assessment and treatment for substance use concerns and recovery maintenance, including co-occurring issues.
Students, friends, family, faculty, staff, and other providers can confidentially consult with the team, which offers:
- Coordination of outpatient medical and psychological treatment
Assistance in accessing alternative resources, such as longer term treatment in the community or residential care
Our multidisciplinary team is made up of Student Health and Wellness professionals including:
- Andy Hawkins, MD
- Sean Sembrowich, NP
- Jen Hall B.I.S., CPRS-T
- Tia Mann, MS
- Barbara Zunder, MA
- Nassima Ait Daoud Tiouririne, MD
- Mark Silverstri, PhD
For more information about our free and confidential services
- Each team member assists with treatment referrals across the team to ensure that students are appropriately connected to the appropriate resources.
- The team meets regularly to develop care plans and recommendations tailored to each individual student’s needs.
- We understand that at times, substance use disorder treatment may be of a longer duration or require a higher level of care than can be provided through our outpatient Student Health and Wellness services. We are dedicated to connecting students to the appropriate and most helpful resources to support their needs and can assist in referrals to providers in the local community and beyond.
- UVA Collegiate Recovery Program
- Whether you’re a student in or considering recovery—or interested in being a supportive ally on Grounds— UVA’s Collegiate Recovery Program is here for you. This community of people offers encouragement, understanding, and accessible tools to support you on your journey.
- CAPS partnered with TimelyCare in the fall of 2021 to offer UVA students 24/7 virtual, wraparound mental health care at no cost.
- WahooWell consists of a confidential well-being survey and two or more confidential, one-on-one follow-up meetings with a well-being facilitator.