The Student Health and Wellness Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Consultation Team provides holistic care and support for UVA students navigating assessment and treatment for substance use concerns and recovery maintenance, including co-occurring issues.
Students, friends, family, faculty, staff, and other providers can confidentially consult with the team, which offers:
- Coordination of outpatient medical and psychological treatment
- Assistance in accessing alternative resources, such as longer term treatment in the community or residential care
- Current Team Members
Psychotherapists Psychiatrist Medical Providers Substance Misuse Prevention and Recovery Support Specialists Karen Painter, LPC Nassima Ait Daoud Tiouririne, MD Sean Sembrowich, NP
Tia Mann, MS Mark Silverstri, PhD Gina Condi, NP Kristy Simpkins, MS.Ed Margaret Zayas,
Jennifer Cervi, LLMSW
For more information about our free and confidential services, please email Sean Sembrowich, NP.
- Each team member assists with treatment referrals across the team to ensure that students are appropriately connected to the appropriate resources.
- The team meets regularly to develop care plans and recommendations tailored to each individual student’s needs.
- We understand that at times, substance use disorder treatment may be of a longer duration or require a higher level of care than can be provided through our outpatient Student Health and Wellness services. We are dedicated to connecting students to the appropriate and most helpful resources to support their needs and can assist in referrals to providers in the local community and beyond.