Nutrition consultations with one of our registered dietitians is available to students at no charge. Services offered include nutritional assessment, follow-up counseling, and/or referral support. Nutrition services are grounded in a weight-neutral, health-forward approach. Our nutrition philosophy is centered on enjoyment, connection, social justice, and food as medicine.
- Common Concerns We Can Help With
Our dietitians can help you address many common concerns, including but not limited to:
- Eating Disorders/Disordered Eating
- Food Allergy/Intolerance
- General Healthy Eating
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Sports Nutrition
- Vegetarian Eating
- Weight Management
How to Schedule
Online scheduling for nutrition appointments is available through HealthyHoos patient portal.
- Initial appointments last one hour. Select this option if this is your first appointment with one of our RDs. Review our Nutrition Approach page to learn about what to expect during your time with us.
- Follow-up appointments last 30 minutes. Select this option if you have already completed an initial nutrition appointment. Be sure to schedule with the RD you previously met with.
Alternatively, appointment scheduling is also available by calling the Office of Health Promotion at (434) 924-1509 during business hours. If you reach our voicemail, please leave your name, number, and best times to reach you during business hours; you will receive a call back to schedule.