The UVA Coalition on Eating Disorders and Exercise Concerns (EDEC) is a committee of students and multidisciplinary faculty and staff dedicated to advancing the understanding, prevention, and treatment of eating disorders and exercise abuse throughout the University community. A list of members and their contact info can be found here.
- Goals and Objectives
- Supporting and coordinating the efforts of University community groups to promote healthful body image and eating and exercise habits
- Designing and implementing educational events and materials
- Providing information and facilitating access to treatment and referral resources
- Promoting research that advances understanding of the impact of disordered eating and exercise abuse at UVA
- Getting Involved
- Volunteer to help at events by emailing us.
- Serve as an EDEC member. EDEC members are appointed by the Vice President of Student Affairs in consultation with the EDEC chairperson. Members attend monthly meetings and participate in working groups related to outreach, research, resources, and training. We seek students, faculty, and staff partners to represent a wide array of university departments and experience.
- To learn more, email us.
If you'd like to learn more about EDEC or if you'd like talk with someone regarding an
eating or exercise concern that you or someone you know may have, please contact us.
email UVA EDEC