Starting 10/4/2021, all students who have paid comprehensive health fees with their tuition have ready access to TimelyCare. Students do not need insurance to access TimelyCare services. As part of the CAPS and TimelyCare partnership, each calendar year students will have access to:
- 12 free, scheduled telehealth counseling visits with a licensed mental health provider, either in Virginia or the rest of the country.
- TalkNow, an on-demand service that allows students to connect with a mental health professional any time of day, either by phone or video. Students can use TalkNow to discuss any level of concern, from either conflicts with roommates to more serious mental health crises. TalkNow is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Psychiatric care. If a student comes to CAPS or accesses TimelyMD independently, and it is determined that they may benefit from medication with a telehealth provider, either the UVA clinician or TimelyCare’s clinicians will connect the student with a TimelyCare provider for ongoing psychiatric care.
- Looking for a private, quiet space to engage with your TimelyCare telehealth provider? CAPS has telehealth offices available for students! Call (434) 243-5150 to book.
- Learn more about CAPS and TimelyCare's partnership in this Q&A with Dr. Nicole Ruzek, Director of CAPS.