Due to the University transition to online instruction, all CAPS appointments will be conducted remotely to make it easier for students to obtain care while sheltering in place.
- CAPS remains available to all students for support, referral assistance and crisis services. If you need help during this time call 434-243-5150 to speak with a counselor.
- If you have an existing onsite appointment scheduled at CAPS, a provider will call you via a phone call at your scheduled appointment time. Please make sure you have your phone with you and are in a location where you can easily speak to the clinician at the scheduled time. Please also check your email regularly for updates.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please email Erica Chapman (email@example.com) or locate your provider here and email them directly.
- SilverCloud is an immediate, online, confidential mental health tool that is available for free to UVA students through CAPS.
CAPS Virtual Coffee Hours:
Join us for CAPS Weekly Virtual Coffee Hour! Reconnect with your peers as we discuss self-care during the COVID-19 quarantine.
- Friday, April 3, from 1-2pm EST. Topic: Loneliness.
- Friday, April 10, from 1-2pm EST. Topic: Self-Care. Registration link.
- Friday, April 13, from 1-2pm EST. Topic: Stress Management. Registration link coming soon.
- Wednesday, April 22, from 1-2pm EST. Topic: Motivation. Registration link coming soon.
- Friday, April 30, from 1-2pm EST. Topic: Grief. Registration link coming soon.
Other Helpful Resources:
National Disaster Distress Helpline
Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor. Dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories.
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
MiResource – Local Charlottesville Community Providers