All CAPS appointments continue to be conducted remotely this summer to make it easier for students to obtain care.
- CAPS remains available to all students for support, referral assistance and crisis services. If you need help during this time call 434-243-5150 to speak with a counselor.
- If you have an existing onsite appointment scheduled at CAPS, a provider will call you via a phone call at your scheduled appointment time. Please make sure you have your phone with you and are in a location where you can easily speak to the clinician at the scheduled time. Please also check your email regularly for updates.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please email CAPS at firstname.lastname@example.org or locate your provider here and email them directly.
- SilverCloud is an immediate, online, confidential mental health tool that is available for free to UVA students through CAPS.
Other Helpful Resources:
- National Disaster Distress Helpline
- Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor. Dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
- MiResource – Local Charlottesville Community Providers