Cost of Care
Student Health and Wellness (SHW) provides care for all UVA students that are charged comprehensive fees with their tuition. There are no co-pay costs associated with visits to care providers as they have been pre-paid with tuition as mandatory fees. However:
- There are charges for medications, lab tests, supplies for certain treatments, immunizations and allergy injections, and copies of your medical record.
- All UVA students, regardless of credit hours, are eligible to receive services from the Student Disability Access Center free-of-charge.
- No-Show Policy: If SHW does not hear from you within these timeframes, a $25 “No Show” charge will be charged to your SIS account:
- CAPS appointments must be cancelled by 8am on the day of the appointment.
- All other appointments must be cancelled at least one hour before the appointment time.
- SHW services are available to returning students during the summer months. If returning students are not enrolled in a summer course, there will be a $10 per visit fee.
Hoos' Guide to Billing
Submitting Charges to Insurance
Your walkout statement is a receipt for services provided by SHW. It contains the information you need to obtain reimbursement from your insurance plan, specifically physician name, diagnosis code(s), date of service, type(s) of service, and payment. You may also obtain a copy of your statement through the HealthyHoos Patient Portal.
- If you have the UVA Aetna Student Health Plan we are able to file claims for applicable SHW charges.
If you do not have the Aetna Student Health Plan and would like to obtain reimbursement for SHW charges from your insurance plan:
- Call the customer service number on your insurance card and request a claim form.
- Complete the claim form and attach it to your SHW walkout statement.
- Send the claim form and walkout statement to your insurance company for reimbursement consideration (Coverage varies depending on plan benefits; SHW has no say or control over reimbursements).
- Make a copy for your records.