Are you considering quitting tobacco? Do you want to have a conversation about your tobacco use and your future goals? Have you already quit, and do you want encouragement or strategies to continue? Are you curious about what to do if you’ve relapsed?
We would love to meet you and support you! Quitting can be hard, and it is also possible. Whether this is your first quit attempt or you’ve tried before, we want to help you find what works for you.
- Students can make an appointment online with a Medical Services nurse practitioner to discuss prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- All appointments are held at Student Health and Wellness (SHW). They are confidential and free of charge.
- Medications are available at the SHW Pharmacy and other local pharmacies, and costs may be covered by insurance. Always be sure to bring your insurance (and any prescription insurance) information to an appointment!
Additional Support for Quitting Tobacco
- Smokefree.gov: Practical online tools to help build a quit plan, quit, and stay quit. Experts are available via phone or live chat.
- Quit Now Virginia: Free hotline with a phone support program for making a quit plan and choosing medication.
- American Cancer Society: Information about quitting tobacco, plus how to support a friend.
*From the 2019 UVA Spring Health Survey with responses from 808 UVA students. Use reported in last 30 days.