Welcome! We encourage all current UVA students to continue to utilize the Department of Student Health and Wellness this summer.
This page is updated as information changes. Last update: 06-10-2020.
- Most of our services (detailed below) are being offered remotely. In addition to telehealth appointments, some medical and nutrition appointments will be held in-person at the Elson Student Health Center. There are no walk-in appointments, and a phone consultation is required prior to scheduling an in-person appointment.
- Please know that the safety and health of our students, our team, and our community remain our top priorities. If you are coming to Elson for an in-person appointment, be assured we have specific masking, social distancing, and sanitation protocols in place.
- If you are feeling sick or think you may have COVID-19 symptoms, please call 434-924-5362.
- If you have any questions about services or fees, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services offered this summer:
Counseling and Psychological Services
- Telehealth consultations. Call (434) 243-5150 to schedule.
- During this consultation, our team will talk with you about your concerns and help identify next steps in getting the help you need.
- This may include being referred for telehealth services through CAPS or helping you connect with resources near you.
- If you are enrolled in summer session, visits with a CAPS provider have been pre-paid with your tuition. If you are not enrolled in summer session, there will be a $10 per-visit fee for teletherapy services. Note: The fee does not apply to referral support, phone consultation or emergency services.
- SilverCloud is an immediate, online, confidential mental health tool that is available for free to UVA students through CAPS.
- Group therapy. For a list of groups and eligiblity, visit this page.
- Phone consultations about your health needs and concerns. Call (434) 924-5362 to schedule.
- During this consultation, our nurses and providers can talk about things like care resources, next steps, and managing prescriptions and medications. They can also work with you on referral options if needed.
- Telehealth primary care and women’s health visits. Call (434) 924-5362 to schedule.
- In-person primary or urgent care visits. If you are living in or near Charlottesville, your provider may schedule an in-person primary or urgent care visit. If you are enrolled in summer session, these have been pre-paid with your tuition. If you are not enrolled in summer session, there will be a $10 per-visit fee.
- A phone consultation or telehealth visit is required prior to scheduling an in-person appointment with Medical Services.
Office of Health Promotion (OHP)
- 30-60 minute WahooWell Remote well-being sessions. Please sign up here or call 434-924-1509. If you are enrolled in summer session, WahooWell Remote sessions have been prepaid with your tuition. If you are not enrolled in summer session, a $10 per-session fee will apply.
- Nutrition appointments, available both virtually and in-person. Please call (434) 924-1509 to schdule. If you are enrolled in summer session, visits with a nutritionist have been prepaid with your tuition. If you are not enrolled in summer session, a $10 per-visit fee will apply.
- Collegiate Recovery Program services and support, available virtually for all students, at any time, at no cost. Please email Jen Cervi or call 434-924-1509 for more details.
Student Disability Access Center (SDAC)
- SDAC services are available virtually for all students at any time and at no cost. SDAC staff members are available to meet with students either via Zoom or telephone.
- Students who are new to SDAC can apply for services online, whereas current SDAC students can either reach out directly to their SDAC Advisor or email SDAC@virginia.edu with their request for an appointment. Please make sure to indicate your availability in your email.