We are pleased to offer STI screening for asymptomatic students of all genders for chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV, and syphilis at a low cost to all students eligible for services at Student Health and Wellness (SHW). Learn more about sexually transmitted infections or reducing your risk for STIs and talking to your partner about safer sex and condom use.
The current cost for most chlamydia and gonorrhea tests is $40.00. HIV screening cost is $28.00. Screening for syphilis is $20.00. Prices are subject to change, last updated: 1/14/2021.
If you have insurance through the Aetna Student Health Plan, your Aetna insurance will be billed for the tests. If you have a different health insurance plan, the charges for the test will be sent to your student SIS account. You may be able to be reimbursed for the charges by your health insurance company.
Schedule a Screening:
- Login to the HealthyHoos patient portal using your Netbadge ID.
- Select “STI Screening & Phone Call” and schedule for a convenient day/time.
- Please complete the questionnaire associated with the phone call appointment. To find the questionnaire form, either:
- Click the "Forms" tab on the HealthyHoos homepage, or
- Navigate to the "Upcoming Appointments" section on the HealthyHoos homepage. Your appointment will include a green button with the form link.
- You will receive a phone call at your scheduled time from an RN and you will be asked to answer a few questions.
- As instructed by the RN who conducted your phone screening, please plan to come to SHW to complete testing in-person, as instructed by the RN who conducted your phone visit.
If you have a concern about a possible exposure to an STI, a (recent) unwanted sexual encounter, or have symptoms such as abnormal vaginal discharge, abnormal bleeding, bleeding after sex, genital bumps or sores, please call our triage nurse at (434) 924-2773 to schedule an appointment for evaluation and testing.