The Office of Health Promotion frames the work around healthy relationships using a paradigm of sexual respect, which affirms an individual’s exercise of choice regarding their own self, body, and sexuality and promotes a culture built on trust, communication, and healthy relationships. To support such a culture, we:
- collect data on students health behaviors and attitudes;
- educate and train students, staff, and faculty on
- UVA's Hoos Got Your Back bystander intervention program and
- men's engagement and healthy masculinity;
- host internships on using the public health approach to addressing sexual harm prevention (email Jason Jones to learn more about our internships);
- coordinate a pan-University committee on sexual harm prevention; and
- work with University departments and student groups, such as the Peer Health Educators, on healthy relationship initiatives.