Summer 2021 Update
The UVA Student Health and Wellness Pharmacy (a satellite pharmacy of UVA Health) is closed for the summer and will re-open on August 16, 2021. The pharmacy's operating hours are 9:00am – 5:30pm, closed for lunch from 1:00 – 1:45pm.
For prescriptions and refills during summer break, students can utilize local community pharmacies, the UVA Outpatient Pharmacy at 1240 Lee Street, 434-924-2390, or they may call the UVA Specialty Pharmacy at 434-297-5500 and arrange to have their prescriptions mailed to their home.
Online portal for prescription refills and transfers
The pharmacy provides medication dispensing for prescriptions prescribed by University and your community health hare practitioners. The pharmacist provides drug therapy review, patient education, drug information, and counseling for prescription and over-the-counter-medications in a private counseling area. The pharmacy has a selection of over-the-counter medications and health care products in the Atrium Apothecary. We process most drug insurance plans. Credit cards, checks, and cash may be used for medication purchases. Families may also establish a secure credit card-based account for their student.
Fill A Prescription:
- Present written prescription to pharmacy OR
- Doctor’s office may fax or call in a new prescription
Refill Existing Prescriptions:
- A prescription that has been filled at our pharmacy and has refills can be prepared before you come in.
- Call 434-924-1544 and press 1 to use the automated refill line or press 2 to speak to a pharmacy member or to leave a message. OR
- Refill your prescription online.
If possible, please allow 24 hours for prescription processing OR
- Come in person – there will be a short wait
If no refills remain, call your doctor’s office to request a new prescription. OR We can contact your doctor’s office.
If possible, please allow 48 hours
Transfer Your Prescriptions:
- If a prescription has been filled at another pharmacy and has refills we can call them to have the refills transferred.
- Visit the UVA Health prescription refill online portal and select Transfer Prescriptions. OR
- Call 434-924-1544 and press 2 to speak to a pharmacy member or to leave a message.
If possible, please allow 48 hours.
Insurance may reduce the cost of your prescription. If you want to use your insurance, please bring your prescription insurance information. We do not have access to your pre-entrance health forms.
>>> Click here for a searchable list of over-the-counter medications available at Student Health and Wellness.