The Student Health and Wellness Pharmacy (a satellite pharmacy of UVA Health) is open from 9:00am – 5:00pm and is located on the first floor of the SHW building at 550 Brandon Ave.
- Telephone: 434-924-1544
- Fax: 434-243-0182
- Online portal for prescription refills and transfers
- Flu shots, COVID-19 vaccine + booster shots, and the Gardasil 9 vaccine are available by appointment only and can be scheduled via the HealthyHoos patient portal. Students should select "UVA Health Satellite Pharmacy: COVID, Flu, and Gardasil 9 Vaccines" for their clinic when scheduling.
- Please bring your insurance information to your vaccination appointment.
- The Pharmacy on the first floor of the SHW building (550 Brandon Ave), directly to the left of the front doors upon entrance into the building. Wear a short sleeve shirt or layers that will be easily removed for vaccination. If you are feeling sick, stay home and choose a different day to get vaccinated.
- Parking is available on Monroe Lane in the SHW underground parking garage.
The pharmacy provides medication dispensing for prescriptions prescribed by University and your community health care practitioners. The pharmacist provides drug therapy review, patient education, drug information, and counseling for prescription and over-the-counter-medications in a private counseling area. The pharmacy has a selection of over-the-counter medications and health care products in the Atrium Apothecary. We process most drug insurance plans. Credit cards, checks, and cash may be used for medication purchases. Families may also establish a secure credit card-based account for their student.
Fill A Prescription:
- Present written prescription to pharmacy OR
- Doctor’s office may fax or call in a new prescription
Refill Existing Prescriptions:
- A prescription that has been filled at our pharmacy and has refills can be prepared before you come in.
- Call 434-924-1544 and press 1 to use the automated refill line or press 2 to speak to a pharmacy member or to leave a message. OR
- Refill your prescription online.
If possible, please allow 24 hours for prescription processing OR
- Come in person – there will be a short wait
If no refills remain, call your doctor’s office to request a new prescription. OR We can contact your doctor’s office.
If possible, please allow 48 hours
Transfer Your Prescriptions:
- If a prescription has been filled at another pharmacy and has refills we can call them to have the refills transferred.
- Visit the UVA Health prescription refill online portal and select Transfer Prescriptions. OR
- Call 434-924-1544 and press 2 to speak to a pharmacy member or to leave a message.
If possible, please allow 48 hours.
Insurance may reduce the cost of your prescription. If you want to use your insurance, please bring your prescription insurance information. We do not have access to your pre-entrance health forms.
>>> Click here for a searchable list of over-the-counter medications available at Student Health and Wellness.