Who We Are
Positive | Inclusive | Empowering
The Peer Health Educators (PHEs) are a diverse group of 70 UVA students trained to empower their peers to practice holistic health and well-being in a positive, supportive, interactive, and nonjudgmental manner.
Comprehensive training prepares the PHEs to facilitate dynamic outreach programs; to guide confidential patient education sessions; to plan and implement evidence-informed awareness events; and to promote a healthy and inclusive culture at UVA.
- Schedule a 1:1, virtual session with a PHE to discuss mental health and COVID-19
- Hoos Socializing Safely: Resource Guide [PDF]
- Coronavirus Compatibility: Resource Guide [PDF]
What We Do
Programming and Grounds-wide events for your dorm, classroom, Greek, or student organization along with one-on-one health consultations. Click on the links below for more information.
- Outreach Presentations
- Patient Education
- Wahoo Weekender
- 4th Year 5K
- Hoos Prepared & Hoos Hosting (alcohol education campaigns and workshops)
- Mental Wellness Screening Day (in collaboration with CAPS)
- Celebrate Every Body Week
- Various awareness and educational campaigns
- Would you like to collaborate on a wellness event? Contact email@example.com
What are Hoo's doing this weekend?
The Peer Health Educators distribute a weekly e-mail that highlights substance-free weekend activities.
To subscribe, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "subscribe wahooweekender"