“Let’s Talk” provides an opportunity for students to speak with a CAPS therapist about non-emergency concerns in a confidential, virtual space. These consultations are FREE for all UVA students, whether they are living in Charlottesville or learning remotely in- or out-of-state. Check back for the fall 2021 schedule!
In addition to Let's Talk, CAPS groups will be held virtually this semester and are a great resource for students. Visit the Current Groups page to learn more and for details about eligibility and registration.
- To consult with students who are experiencing moderate distress, in a confidential space.
- To provide general education about mental health and wellness.
- To educate and bring awareness to available resources across Grounds.
- To empower students to make healthy decisions and lifestyle choices.
- To help prevent acute distress and/or prolonged distress.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Quick, 15+ minute conversations with a CAPS clinician.