|Business Hours||Breaks, Summer|
|Dept. of Student Health and Wellness||Weekdays: 8am - 5pm||Weekdays: 8am - 4:30pm|
|Pharmacy||Weekdays: 8am - 5pm||Closed|
The Student Health and Wellness building features various student spaces (including reflection rooms, a student lounge, and a student living room) meant to promote and empower student well-being. Student access to the SHW building depends on the time of year:
Starting August 19th, 2022:
- 7:45am - 5pm on weekdays (building is unlocked)
- 5pm – 2am on weekdays (student swipe card access, front entrance)
- 7:45am – 2am on weekends (student swipe card access, front entrance)
Student Health will be closed with no student access 11/23-26. We will be open Sunday, 11/27 for student schedules events.
If Student Health and Wellness is closed and you need to speak with someone regarding an urgent medical concern, care providers are always on call at (434) 297-4261. For urgent mental health concerns, please call (434) 243-5150.
TimelyCare is a virtual mental health platform available to UVA students 24/7 across the U.S. To speak with a mental health professional in minutes, students should register at timelycare.com/uva, login using their virginia.edu email address, and select "TalkNow."
In an emergency or life-threatening situation, please call 911.
All UVA students are eligible for emergency, walk-in crisis counseling at Counseling & Psychological Services during regular business hours.
SHW provides medical and emotional assistance to students who have experienced an unwanted sexual encounter or a sexual assault. The Sexual Assault Resource Agency (SARA), a non-profit agency in Charlottesville, also offers 24/7 emergency services and information, and can be reached at (434) 977-7273.
If you need care in the Charlottesville area when SHW is not open, please see the list of hospitals and urgent care centers below. Please note that SHW does not cover visits or charges incurred in the emergency room or urgent care; they are billed directly to your insurance. If your condition is not urgent or an emergency, please schedule an appointment with SHW during our business hours.
- UVA Health Emergency Department: 1215 Lee St, Charlottesville, VA 22903
Phone: (434) 924-3627
- Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital: 500 Martha Jefferson Dr., Charlottesville, VA 22911
Phone: (434) 654-7000
URGENT CARE CENTERS
- UVA Primary Care Riverside: Suite 200, 2335 Seminole Ln., Charlottesville, VA 22901
Hours: 8am-8pm (Mon-Fri), 8am-5pm (Sat)
- In addition to appointments for check-ups, physicals and sick visits, Riverside sees patients for mild injuries and illnesses on a walk-in basis and x-rays on-site.
- UVA Virtual Care: Virtual urgent care gives you after-hours access to UVA providers Monday - Friday, 12 - 2 p.m. EST.
- To receive virtual care, you must be in Virginia and have a connected device with a microphone and camera. If you are sick or in moderate pain, a virtual visit can safely get you the care you need.
- Walk-in Minute Clinic at CVS, Barracks Road: 1170 Emmet Street, Charlottesville, VA, 22903
- Sentara Family Medicine at 5th Street Station: 435 Merchant Walk Square, Suite 400, Charlottesville, VA 22902
Hours: 10am-8pm (Mon-Thurs), 10am-7pm (Fri), 10am-6pm (Sat), 12 noon-6pm (Sun)
- Can call for same-day appointment OR walk-in, but calling is preferred. Please mention that you are a UVA student.
- MedExpress Urgent Care: 1149 Seminole Trail, Charlottesville, VA, 22901
Phone: (434) 978-3998
Hours: 8am-8pm (Mon-Sun)
- MedExpress Urgent Care: 260 Pantops Center, Charlottesville, VA 22911
Phone: (434) 244-3027
Hours: 8am-8pm (Mon-Sun)