- ODOS Community Food Banks
- Feeding America: Find your local food bank.
- Blue Ridge Area Food Bank and Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry: Virginia locations include Charlottesville, Lynchburg, Winchester, and Verona.
- Hoo Needs Help: Hoo Needs Help exists to support students who need assistance with unexpected, unforeseen, and unavoidable emergency expenses. These may be expenses related to situations such as accidents, illness, death of a family member, fire damage, food insecurity, or need for temporary housing.
- American Heart Association: heart-healthy recipes
- My Plate: dietary guidelines, food groups and portion sizes, tools for building a balanced plate
- Fruits and Veggies for Better Health: nutrition, storage and handling info, and recipes for fruits and veggies
- National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements: quality considerations; searchable info on botanicals, vitamins, minerals, etc.
- Nutrition Services at UVA Student Health and Wellness
- UVA Coalition on Eating Disorders and Exercise Concerns: Has an active interest in the education and prevention of eating disorders; great local resource.
- About-Face!: A grassroots organization that challenges the media's influence on body image and negative impact.
- National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance: advocacy for size acceptance
- 70 Resources to Support Eating Disorder Recovery: websites, books, hotlines, treatment info, how to help
- Cultivating Body Neutrality: accepting and caring for your body regardless of how you feel about it.
- Gender-Affirming Care at UVA Student Health and Wellness
- UVA LGBTQ Center Resources
- Gender Health Services at UVA Health
Sexuality, Birth Control
- Coalition for Positive Sexuality
- STD Prevention
- Bedsider - an online birth control support network for women 18-29 operated by The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, a private non-profit organization. Their goal is to help women find the method of birth control that’s right for them and learn how to use it consistently and effectively.
- SHW Yearly Gynecological Exam FAQs
- First gynecology visit: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Birth control options:
National College Health Resource Links
- Helpful Phone Numbers
All area codes are 434 unless noted.
UVA Department of Student Health and Wellness (SHW) Medical Services 924-5362 Counseling and Psychological Services 243-5150 Student Disability Access Center 243-5180 Health Promotion 924-1509 Birth Control SHW Medical Services 924-5362 Planned Parenthood 296-233 General Health and Well-being Intramural/Recreational Sports 924-3791 Office of Health Promotion 924-1509 Medical Services 924-5362 HIV/AIDS Student Health and Wellness - Confidential Testing 924-2773 AIDS/HIV Services Group 979-7714 Charlottesville Health Department Anonymous Testing 972-6269 Virginia Department of Health AIDS Hotline 1-800-533-4148 National AIDS Hotline 1-800-342-AIDS
1-800-243-7889 Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Resources LGBT Resource Center 434-982-2843 Mental Health Counseling and Psychological Services 243-5150 Health Promotion 924-1509 Open House Hotline 295-8255 Community Crisis Intervention (Region 10) 972-1800 Nutrition Nutrition Counseling 924-1509 UVA Dining Services 982-5110 Pregnancy Medical Services 924-2773 Planned Parenthood 296-2330