All UVA students are eligible for emergency assessments and/or consultation.
Emergencies: Dial 911
- TimelyCare's 24/7 TalkNow service allows students to connect with a mental health professional any time of day, either by phone or video. Students can use TalkNow to discuss any concern, from conflicts with roommates to mental health crises. Staff are happy to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Download the TimelyCare app to get started with the TalkNow service.
- CAPS On-Call: During business hours (Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm) students in crisis can walk-in to CAPS at 550 Brandon Avenue or call (434) 243-5150 to speak with an on-call counselor.
- Concerns Regarding a Student: If you are concerned about a student, you can call 434-243-5150 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and ask to speak with the on-call counselor. Consultation regarding concerns about students is available to UVA students, faculty, administrators, staff, parents, and other concerned community members.
Other Helpful Resources
- Unwanted Sexual Encounter
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255
- Madison House HELPline 434-295-TALK
- Region 10 Emergency Services 434-972-1800
- Sexual Assault Resource Agency (SARA) 434-977-7273
- Office of the Dean of Students 434-924-7133
- How Faculty Can Help