Welcome! Whether living and learning remotely or in the Charlottesville/Albemarle area, we encourage all current UVA students to utilize the Department of Student Health and Wellness.
This page is updated as information changes. Last update: 09-28-2020.
- ALL SERVICES are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call 434-924-5362.
- Most of our services (detailed below) are being offered remotely. In addition to virtual telehealth appointments, medical, nutrition, and counseling appointments will be held in-person at the Elson Student Health Center if needed. There are no walk-in appointments, and a phone consultation is required prior to scheduling an in-person appointment.
- If you are feeling sick or think you may have COVID-19 symptoms, please call 434-924-5362. Visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.
- Please know that the safety and health of our students, our team, and our community remain our top priorities. If you are coming to Elson for an in-person appointment, be assured we have specific masking, physical distancing, and sanitation protocols in place.
- If you have any questions about services or fees, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com.
Counseling and Psychological Services
- Phone or videoconference consultations. Call (434) 243-5150 to schedule.
- Remote individual therapy and psychiatric services (concurrent with individual therapy) for enrolled UVA students residing in VA.
- Remote group therapy. For a list of groups and eligiblity, visit this page.
- Remote embedded services at the School of Law, Darden School of Business, the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, and the McIntire School of Commerce remain available, if you are enrolled in one of those respective schools.
- Remote care management by phone or videoconference for all enrolled UVA students, regardless of location.
- Remote 24/7 emergency consultation services by phone for all enrolled UVA students, regardless of location.
- Remote “Let’s Talk” Drop-In Consultation hours for all enrolled UVA students, regardless of location.
- Remote Outreach is available for all classes and student organizations by videoconference.
- Private office space is available at the Elson Student Health Center on a first come, first served basis to complete telehealth sessions in a quiet, confidential space.
- Limited, in-person appointments may be offered based on identified, clinical concern(s) and are by clinician referral only.
- SilverCloud is an immediate, online, confidential mental health tool that is available for free to UVA students through CAPS.
- Phone consultations about your health needs and concerns. Call (434) 924-5362 to schedule.
- During this consultation, our nurses and providers can talk about things like care resources, next steps, and managing prescriptions and medications. They can also work with you on referral options if needed.
- Telehealth primary care and women’s health visits.
- In-person primary or urgent care visits. If you are living in or near Charlottesville, your provider may schedule an in-person primary or urgent care visit. A phone consultation or telehealth visit is required prior to scheduling an in-person appointment with Medical Services.
- COVID-19 care and testing, call (434) 924-5362 to schedule.
- COVID-19 symptom telehealth consultations and symptomatic COVID-19 testing appointments. Please note, all COVID-19 test at Student Health and Wellness are by appointment only. We are not offering walk-up / drive-up testing at this time.
- Special hours on Saturdays from 12:00pm - 4:00pm EST are available for virtual and in-person COVID care and testing related to COVID-19.
Office of Health Promotion (OHP)
- 30-60 minute WahooWell Remote well-being sessions. Please sign up here or call 434-924-1509.
- Nutrition appointments, available both virtually and in-person. Please call (434) 924-1509 to schedule.
- Collegiate Recovery Program services and support, available virtually for all students, at any time, at no cost. Please email Jen Cervi or call 434-924-1509 for more details.
Student Disability Access Center (SDAC)
- SDAC services are available virtually for all students at any time and at no cost. SDAC staff members are available to meet with students either via Zoom or telephone.
- Students who are new to SDAC can apply for services online, whereas current SDAC students can either reach out directly to their SDAC Advisor or email SDAC@virginia.edu with their request for an appointment. Please make sure to indicate your availability in your email.