Welcome! Whether living and learning remotely or in the Charlottesville/Albemarle area, we encourage all current UVA students to utilize the Department of Student Health and Wellness.
This page is updated as information changes. Last update: 01-04-2021.
- ALL SERVICES are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call 434-924-5362, or book appointments online using the HealthyHoos patient portal.
- Most of our services (detailed below) are being offered remotely. In addition to virtual telehealth appointments, some medical, nutrition, and counseling appointments will be held in-person at the Elson Student Health Center if needed. There are no walk-in appointments, and a phone consultation is required prior to scheduling an in-person appointment.
- If you are feeling sick or think you may have COVID-19 symptoms, please call 434-924-5362 or book a 'COVID symptoms' appointment online using the HealthyHoos patient portal. Visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.
- Please know that the safety and health of our students, our team, and our community remain our top priorities. If you are coming to Elson for an in-person appointment, be assured we have specific masking, physical distancing, and sanitation protocols in place.
- If you have any questions about services or fees, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counseling and Psychological Services
- All services provided by phone or videoconference. Call (434) 243-5150 to schedule.
- Remote individual therapy and psychiatric services (concurrent with individual therapy) for enrolled UVA students residing in VA.
- Remote group therapy. For a list of groups and eligibility based on your current residency, visit this page.
- Remote embedded services at the School of Law, Darden School of Business, the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, the McIntire School of Commerce and the School of Architecture remain available, if you are enrolled in one of those respective schools.
- Remote care management by phone or videoconference for all enrolled UVA students, regardless of location.
- Remote 24/7 emergency consultation services by phone for all enrolled UVA students, regardless of location.
- Remote “Let’s Talk” Drop-In Consultation hours for all enrolled UVA students, regardless of location, through December 8th.
- Private office space is available at the Elson Student Health Center on a first come, first served basis to complete telehealth sessions in a quiet, confidential space. Call 434-243-5150 to reserve a room.
- Limited, in-person assessments may be offered based on identified, clinical concern(s) and are by clinician referral only.
- SilverCloud is an immediate, online, confidential mental health tool that is available for free to UVA students through CAPS.
- Both telehealth and in-person appointments, all by appointment only; walk-in services are currently unavailable.
- In-person appointments may be scheduled online via HealthyHoos patient portal or call (434) 924-5362. Please note, sometimes these appointments are preceded by a telehealth appointment to minimize clinic time and allow for COVID-19 screening.
- Telehealth appointments can be scheduled online via HealthyHoos patient portal or call (434) 924-5362. Please note, state regulations will affect whether appointments can be offered as telehealth or phone call.
- COVID-19 care can be scheduled online via HealthyHoos patient portal or call (434) 924-5362.
- Immunization clinic (flu shots are available!)—schedule online via HealthyHoos patient portal or call (434) 924-5362.
Office of Health Promotion (OHP)
- 60-minute WahooWell Remote well-being sessions. Please sign up here or call 434-924-1509.
- Nutrition appointments, available both virtually and in-person. Please call 434- 924-1509 to schedule.
- Collegiate Recovery Program services and support, available virtually or in-person for all students, at any time, at no cost. Please email Jen Cervi or call 434-924-1509 for more details.
Student Disability Access Center (SDAC)
- SDAC services are available virtually for all students at any time and at no cost. SDAC staff members are available to meet with students either via Zoom or telephone.
- Students who are new to SDAC can apply for services online, whereas current SDAC students can either reach out directly to their SDAC Advisor or email SDAC@virginia.edu with their request for an appointment. Please make sure to indicate your availability in your email.