Student health and well-being remain our highest priority, and along with the entire UVA community, we are working to provide students with a variety of resources meant to foster continual success both on- and off-Grounds.
Support Yourself, Support Your Community
Take the time to support yourself, and if it feels comfortable, take the time to support your community.
- "Taking care of yourself, your friends, and your family can help you cope with stress. Helping others cope with their stress can also make your community stronger." via the CDC
- Find new ways to connect. This is a time to find healthy connection and comfort. Reconnect with old friends, stay in touch with family, join a new organization or club, bring an old hobby back to life, or check in with yourself with a reflective practice such as journaling or meditation. We’re all craving connection, don’t hold back on reaching out.
- Focus on your physical wellness. Deep breaths, stretching, and meditation can all help with stress and anxiety.
- Try to create and maintain structure and routines. To beat Zoom fatigue and sleep better, work on establishing a healthy morning and night routine without screens.
- Designate a comfortable, pleasant place to sit down and enjoy regular meals or breaks throughout the day. Virtual and in-person nutrition counseling at SHW is available. For basic nutrition and eating tips, check out this CDC resource.
- The COVID-19 Student Service Corps at UVA has a website full of resources and volunteer opportunities.
- UVA's Division for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion's Community Care in Response to COVID-19 includes Chinese, Korean, and Spanish translations.