3/18/2023- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) will be open from 12pm to 3pm today for drop-in sessions. Please bring your student ID to swipe into the building.
Students who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and students who have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 can get tested at SHW. Please make a testing appointment via the HealthyHoos patient portal:
You can also make an appointment to see a provider for a sick visit by calling (434) 924-5362 — we reserve several same-day appointments slots that can only be accessed by scheduling via phone, so please give us a call if you do not see a same-day appointment available on HealthyHoos.
Rapid antigen at-home tests are widely available. On Grounds, UVA pharmacies sell rapid antigen tests.
- As a UVA student, where should I get tested?
Rapid antigen tests are widely available. On Grounds, UVA pharmacies sell rapid antigen tests.
PCR tests are available at SHW, by appointment with Medical Services. Your health insurance provider will be billed by UVA Health for your COVID-19 test. SHW has sufficient appointment availability, and test results come back quickly. In addition, SHW provides targeted education on student-specific needs and can assist students with University-specific resources.
- I received a positive PCR test result from a provider other than SHW. Do I need to notify SHW?
Yes. Please upload a dated photo or record of your positive test result to the HealthyHoos patient portal. Click “Upload” and select “COVID-19 Mandatory Test Results (uploaded/received).” Follow submit instructions. You will then receive a communication from SHW with further guidance on isolation protocol and follow-up care if you are experiencing symptoms.
- How will SHW communicate with me about positive COVID-19 test results?
If you take a COVID-19 test at SHW, please make sure to check your email regularly for updates! Here is how you will find out about your test results:
- Regardless of if your test result is positive or negative, you will receive a secure message via the HealthyHoos patient portal. You’ll get an email notification sent to your UVA student email address letting you know that a message is waiting, and you will need to login to the portal to view the message.
- If you had a COVID-19 test done at a testing location not affliated with UVA, then please communicate directly with that location about their notification process.
- Do I need to get a negative COVID-19 test result to end isolation after a positive test result?
No, you do not need to get a negative COVID-19 test result to end isolation. You also do not need to contact Student Health and Wellness for clearance at the end of isolation. Use the CDC Quarantine/Isolation calculator for specific guidance on when you can end isolation.
- How can I obtain a copy of a COVID-19 test result from testing done at UVA?
Your lab result is available in both UVA Health MyChart and the HealthyHoos patient portal. To view or print a copy of the lab result from HealthyHoos, log into your HealthyHoos account and proceed to “Lab Results.”