Overwhelmed by finding a therapist? Confused by your insurance? Need more support? CAPS Clinical Care Managers are here to help!
Care Managers serve as a bridge for students to successfully access mental health care. Some examples of how Care Managers can help:
- Educate students on how to navigate insurance and the healthcare system.
- Provide supportive connections to area therapists and psychiatrists.
- Address barriers to seeking treatment (e.g. finances, time, stigma, transportation, and motivation).
- Identify resources, both on and off Grounds, for a variety of needs (e.g. housing, food, social connection, academic accessibility support).
- Help students identify and maintain a network of support.
- Ease students’ transition to or from a higher level of care and collaboratively create a plan to move forward.
- Aid students with the process for medical withdrawal and reenrollment for psychological reasons.
- Coach students on being their own best self-advocate.