You’re invited to browse our resource list including important CAPS documents, how-to guides, and mindfulness resources.
SilverCloud is a free online mental health tool that can help students develop skills for managing stress, anxiety, sleep, and depression. Based on cognitive behavioral therapy principles, the self-guided program can be accessed 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. It’s a great way to actively engage in self-help and develop healthy coping skills. SilverCloud is only accessible to UVA students with a valid virginia.edu email address. Sign up today!
Important CAPS Forms
Hotlines and Provider Locations
- National Disaster Distress Helpline
- Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor. Dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
- MiResource – Local Charlottesville Community Providers
- Mental Health Apps
- The Mindfulness Solution (Free guided meditations)
- UCLA Health (Free guided meditations in English and Spanish)
- UC San Diego Health (Free guided meditation, yoga movement, and body scans)
- Self Compassion by Dr. Kristin Neff
- Wheel of Awareness by Dr. Dan Siegel
- UVA Mindfulness Center
- Contemplative Sciences Center at UVa
- Compassionate Care Initiative at UVa
- Common Ground Healing Arts in Charlottesville