SUMMER 2022 CAPS will follow University guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety. Please check this page for any changes in group operations.
Interpersonal Process Group:
- Interpersonal Process Group - Understanding Self and Others
This interpersonal process group is for students who want to explore their own identity and self-worth, find new ways to connect and communicate with others, and understand what may be getting in their way of achieving these goals. Students can use the interpersonal interaction of the group to learn about themselves, identify and expand their own interpersonal patterns, try new behaviors and clarify confusing feelings within a supportive and growth producing atmosphere. A pre-group screening with the facilitator(s) is required to join this group.
Wednesdays, 3:00 - 4:30pm EST
- Group leader: Debora Gonzalez, LPC.
- This group will meet online.
- Students need to be in the state of Virginia to join.
- To join, call CAPS at (434) 243-5150 to schedule a brief screening.
- CAPS Mindfulness Space
Counseling and Psychological Services is offering a mindfulness meditation hour this summer semester. The meditation hour is open to all UVA students looking for a way to engage in mindfulness practices in a safe and supportive space. No previous experience is required. The session will begin with a brief introduction, followed by mindfulness practice and debriefing.
Fridays, 10-11am EST.
- Facilitator: Nicole Ruzek, Ph.D.
- This group is VIRTUAL and a Zoom link will be provided.
- If you are interested, email Dr. Ruzek at firstname.lastname@example.org