Welcome to the Student Health Allergy Clinic!
UVA Student Health and Wellness Allergy Clinic is staffed by nurses trained in the administration of allergy immunotherapy. Following is some important information that will help students utilize this service:
- If you plan to utilize the Allergy Clinic, please review and complete the Student Agreement for Services.
- While at UVA, you will remain under the care of your current allergist. Provide your allergist with these two forms to review and complete: Allergy Immunotherapy Order Form and Guidelines for Vial Labeling. These forms must be submitted, reviewed and approved by Allergy Clinic staff before you receive an injection at UVA Student Health and Wellness Allergy Clinic. You will experience delay in your treatment if forms are not complete and vials are not labeled per vial labeling instructions.
- Extract vials may be hand delivered by the student at an 'Allergy Drop off/Pick up' appointment or sent via Fed-Ex, next day services. Appointments can be made by calling 434-982-3915 and requesting an "Allergy Vial Drop off/Pick up" visit. UVA Student Health and Wellness Allergy Clinic will not mail/forward extracts.
- Your first appointment will be an Allergy Clearance appointment when an allergy clinic nurse will review your completed orders and vials. You will not receive an injection at this appointment. After your Allergy Clearance appointment, you may schedule your injection appointments online.
- If you miss your scheduled appointment, you will need to reschedule. There are no walk-in appointments for Allergy Clinic.
- If you are prescribed an epinephrine auto injector, you are required to bring it with you to every appointment in order to receive your scheduled allergy injection(s).
- If you have never received an allergy injection, you must receive your first dose from your allergist.
- An appointment is required to pick up and/or drop off vials.
Allergy Clinic Hours are Tuesday – Friday, 8:30am – 4 pm.
Log on to Healthy Hoos or call 434-982-3915 to schedule an appointment.